NSS unit in colloboration with Counselling and CEO undertook following activities:
- 6 Feb : Dr. Ashish Shrivastav gave a talk on-‘Coping with examination stress’.
- 12 Feb : Professor Kishor Jugal had an interactive session with the students on -'Adolescents health and stress management. The event was partnered with Rotary Club, Panjim.
- 14 Feb: One billion rising for justice- love mends gender inequality- a thought day was celebrated where studen ts participated in art/poetry and writing out their thoughts.
- 11 Feb : Volunteers participated in a talk- “Suraksha-Prevention of Sexual Exploitation in Goa”, at Mapusa organized by Goa Balcao.
- Projects Undertaken: ‘Some wounds don’t heal’ an FB page created by volunteers to create awareness about gender and child violence.Child Labour survey conducted at Chimbel.
Folder and pen stands, paper bags and cloth bags, sale of candles made by Aguada Prisoners were the projects undertaken.
Red ribbon club activities were carried out to create AIDS & a drug free life awareness among the students. In this regard banners & posters were put up & talks were conducted for the students.
Following are the N.S.S activities held for the month of September 2014:
- 12th September: 5 N.S.S. volunteers enlisted for the Pre R.D. Camp selection trials at the Youth Hostel, Campal.
- 13th September: Around 20 N.S.S. volunteers attended the talk on the awareness and control of cancer, organized by the Goa Cancer Society held at 4:30 p.m. in Menezes Braganza Hall- Panjim
- 17th September: Ms. Natalie Furtado and Ms. Sonia Shitkar participated and won the 1st & 3rd place respectively in an essay writing competition on "Role of Volunteers in Disasters Management" organized by GVM college - Ponda.
- 26th September: N.S.S. volunteers attended a talk on "Empowerment & Challenges for Women in Tourism in Goa" organized by the Women's Wing of Goa Chamber of Commerce at the Chamber's Surendra Babu Timblo Hall.
- 27th September: N.S.S. volunteers participated in the Heritage walk organized by the Department of Tourism - Goa, to commemorate the World Tourism Day, from the Viceroys Arch to the Bom Jesus Basilica, Old Goa.